Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Singing

About a month ago the kids sang in the Primary Program at church. Later that day I had them perform some of the songs in front of the camera so I could send the video clips to my brother serving a mission in Thailand.

Clip #1: I am a Child of God

Elizabeth is not in primary, and won't be for a few years, but she still wanted to sing along with the older kids. For the first part of the clip, she's just playing around with her dress, but then about halfway through she remembers that I had told them to sing loudly, so she picks it up a notch. (For the record, that is also how she sang during the actual program that she was not a participant in, singing along to all the songs from the back of the chapel.




Clip #2: I am a Child of God solo by Rachel

This one is kind of a jazzy version, in which she also has to fight off a light-saber attack from Elizabeth during the singing.



Clip #3: I am a Child of God, Once More Because of Course Now Elizabeth has to do a Solo

Yes, that is her real voice. Yes, it always sounds like that. Yes, it makes pretty much everything she says sound hilarious.



Clip #4: My Future Missionaries

Oliver and Tristan trying their best to come up with some sort of tune.

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

wow, jos! quite the show!

Marian said...

i loved it! lizza was especially cute.

Unknown said...

Love it!

Beccarigg said...

Oh my gosh I love Elizabeth's raspy little voice! That is too funny! And Rachel has some pretty good moves there with her jazzy version! Very cute videos. My favorite though is when Lizza joins in full blast in the first clip! super cute!

Audra said...

Enjoyed every second of those performances! I love Lizza's voice, fell in love with it the first time I heard her say applesauce. Tristan and Oliver are so handsome. I love the way Ollie holds his hands in his pocket and I love the way Tristan kind of shakes his hands as he sings.

Destenee said...

Your kids are getting so big! I remember visting you when Tristan was born, I can't beleive is is such a little man now. I loved watching those clips! I hope your family has a great Christmas!

Eliza said...

Those are great Jos! The one of lizza by herself isn't working right now so I"ll have to come back and watch it. They are quite the little performers.

Anonymous said...

i keep this tab open on my phone so anytime i need a good laugh-so-hard-i-cry i open it and watch lizza rasping away