Monday, December 10, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I hung up our stockings, set up the nativities, and we got our Christmas tree, so it's definitely starting to feel like Christmas around here. The kids love listening to Christmas music all day and looking at the presents that are starting to gather under the tree. December is such a great month!

Here are some pictures of all the festivities:






Last night Tristan wanted to practice some of the Christmas songs he's going to be performing with his class in the upcoming First Grade Musical at his school.

The first song is called "A December to Remember". A few disclaimers: Oliver and Rachel have no clue how to sing this song, but they are trying their best to follow along - Tristan just wanted them to stand by him because on one part in the song he's supposed to put his arms on the shoulders of his classmates, and he didn't just want to put his arms up in the air because he thought that would look silly.

Also, speaking of looking silly, I promise Tristan is not wearing capri pants - those are his football pants. I guess I'm not sure why he was wearing those. The football pants plus the teenage-mutant ninja turtle T-shirt make for a great performing outfit. I guess if we had planned a little better we could have done something about that.

Also, if at any point in any of these videos things look a little shaky, it is because Elizabeth was trying to climb on my lap and grab the video camera. On this first song Tristan messed up on the first take, so we started over, but then Lizzy started causing trouble and it gets really shaky. I combined both takes in hopes that together they will be a little better. So, here you go:

A December to Remember







And here's "My Favorite Things", from the Sound of Music:

My Favorite Things


He was a little worried that he messed up on the "wild geese that fly" part. I love that little smile he does when he decides to just keep on singing.






Now for any of you who speak Spanish:

A Spanish Song about a Pinata (I'm not sure what it's really called)





This next one is an attempt by Rachel to sing a Christmas song. I am not sure where she came up with this - it starts out a lot like Tristan's Spanish song, but then changes pretty drastically:

My Pants are on Fire



Yeah, I don't really know what that was about, either. Sorry about Lizzy yelling in the background.




Okay, here is the last one - Tristan's favorite. It is a really sweet, tender little song that Tristan really wanted to sing ("It's a good one, Mom!", he said), but Lizzy started yelling part way through it, and then Tristan kind of forgot the ending, and Oliver accidentally did a big burp (I'm not sure if you can hear it in the video or not), so we had to end early. It's still pretty cute, though, to see how sincere Tristan is trying to be while singing.

Believe

3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Great videos!!! I'm so impressed that Tristan can remember all the words to those songs, especially "My favorite things" that's got some hard words to remember in it! Also love the first song with Ollie and Rachel doing all the delayed actions with Tristan. I don't know why but that just made me laugh. And of course, Rachel's little song was classic! What a fun family!

Heather said...

Hi guys, looks like everything is going great!! Hope you are haveing a great time in the warm weather. I think I will come and join you. It very cold here. :)

Jennifer M said...

Cutest thing ever--you've got some sweet kids and priceless pieces of footage!