Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Counting and Colors or A More Normal Approach to Growing Up

Despite the evidence in the last post, Elizabeth does not spend all her time trying to run away from home and chase boys. I promise I am trying to teach her some more normal ways to grow up.

She loves counting to ten and practicing her colors for anyone willing to listen. This video clip is from a few weeks ago.

She's pouting a little bit at the beginning when she starts her numbers because she wanted to play with the color magnets first. She cheers up by about number 5:



4 comments:

Audra said...

I just loved watching this! I loved how she cheered up around number five. She is so so cute, and her little voice is adorable. I also loved watching Rachel so eager to participate.

Beccarigg said...

That is adorable! I love her squeaky high pitched 1-5. So cute! Also loved it when she said, "Mommy do it." That's what Teya always says when she's done with something that she knows I can do much easier.

p.s. I love her cute headbands and bows! I just bought a bunch of bows for Teya because she's finally to the point where she actually wants to look "pretty" more than she wants to rip it out of her hair. :)

Glory Watts said...

Wow, with four kids and one on the way how do you find time to teach your one year old their colors and numbers. You never cease to amaze me. I'm just happy Zach can say 1-2-3-go! And even then, I think I'm the only one who understands what he's really saying. I love her little head band too, did you make it? It looks like her hair has grown a lot since I've seen her last. She's such a cute little squirt!

Joanne said...

I made the headbands out of some tights, but my sister-in-law sent me the cute flower clips to clip on to them.