Monday, June 22, 2009

Rachel's Primary Talk

Last month Rachel got to give a little talk in Primary. I was pretty proud of her - this is the second one she's done now, and she's memorized both of them.

Usually when my kids have to give talks, we'll discuss it a little, then I'll write up a really simple talk, and then draw some pictures that they get to color in and hold up during the talk. I always type up the words to tape on the back of the picture, so if they need a little help I can read out the first word or so, but after practicing it a few times, Rachel insisted that she didn't need any help, and she just looked at the pictures to remember what to say.




Here's a little clip of Rachel reciting her talk again after we got home from church.


Rachel's Primary Talk from Joanne Mott on Vimeo.


And of course, Elizabeth wanted a turn giving the talk as soon as Rachel was done. However, she quickly realized she had no clue what to say, and she stomped off, giving me an "I can't believe you just let me embarrass myself like that" look. Because it was clearly my fault.





Ready to try again, this time with a little help from Rachel.

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

Wow! Rachel isn't even related to me yet I felt like a proud auntie watching that! What a smart little girl, I bet most 10 year olds couldn't even memorize their talks like that! very impressive.

Also, dying laughing watching Lizza's embarrassed face and then hearing her try again with her scratchy little voice! Could she be any cuter?

Love your new header, btw! And thanks for your comments on my marathon post. You could TOTALLY run one, if I can anyone can! I'll even come down and train you if you'll train me how to be a master homemaker and supermom like you!