Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fancy Nancy comes to Pflugerville

We have recently become big fans of Fancy Nancy around here. I had never even heard of her until my mom came to visit and gave the first Fancy Nancy book to Rachel for her birthday. It was a huge hit.

I used to only see Rachel's girly side once in a while, but Miss Nancy has definitely brought out Rachel's inner "fancy".

Here are Elizabeth and Rachel dressed up like Fancy Nancy:





Rachel loves the way her fancy shoes sound on the tile. When she dresses up like Fancy Nancy, she likes me to call her "Rachey Pachey":



Elizabeth has always loved being fancy, and is thrilled that now there's a whole book about it. She prefers to just be called "Fancy". She thinks that's Nancy's first name:




Fancy Nancy: A Reading by Rachel Mott

Here is Rachel "reading" from her new book. I was impressed with how many of the words she actually remembered. (Yes, I am still giving her reading lessons, but no, we are not quite to this level. This is pure memorization):



A little Fancy Nancy dance. But first, a few points:

1) My favorite part is when Lizzy says to Rachel, "Rachey, make sure you don't touch the TV!", and then to me, "Mom, I made sure Rachey don't touch TV!". We recently got a new TV and had a little talk about how the kids should never touch it, and Elizabeth has taken it upon herself to be the TV police. Before Henry was born, she always told me about how when the baby came out of my tummy, she was never going to let him touch the TV. She has kept it very safe.

2) Will somebody please teach my children how to dance?




And the fancy dancers kick it up a notch:

Poor Lizza had to deal with a lot of wardrobe problems. Notice the switching of the shoes at some time during the clip. Lizza never really recovers from the shoe issues, but Rachel kept right on dancing. Or whatever that is she was doing.

9 comments:

Tristen said...

My eyes are watering because of how hard I was laughing at the cuteness of these kids!! I loved Lizza's warning to Rachel... out of nowhere. They are just too cute, love these videos!

Audra said...

I LOVE Fancy Nancy! I can't wait for the day when London tells me how ecstatic she is to be alive. You never saw the book at Grandma Nini's before? Actually she will be doing a reading of it at Adalynn's Fancy Nancy birthday party. How funny that this came up at the same time. The girls looks absolutely exquisite in their outfits.

Poppy said...

I've just recently heard of Fancy Nancy, too and I can't wait to get them at the library the next time we are there.

Diane said...

Watch out Las Vegas! The Mott girls could take it by storm. Elizabeth's hat is the cat's meow.

Rebekah said...

i love it! it made me wish more than ever that we lived close so our girls could play together. mariah loves "lizzie," and i think she's in awe of rachel. the fancy nancy outfits are too cute, and i loved rachel's reading! we read that book daily, and sometimes more.

Eliza said...

My whole family just sat and watched all these movies and I have to say there was quite a bit of chuckling. Those girls sure are fancy. I love the back and forth movement of Rachel's foot. Shayne recently discovered Fancy Nancy at a friends house and she wants them so bad. I haven't told her there are 3 in our closet just waiting for christmas and birthday, but I might have to.

Amberlie and Anthony said...

Oh great! That will be so fun to see Henry, he is so adorable. Your girls are so fun to watch, I think both Anthony and I wil admit that your blog is our favorite to look at we love your stories. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Beccarigg said...

Those dancing clips are to die for! I love the little "click, click, click" of their fancy shoes as they get their groove on. Lizzy is totally watching Rachel's feet to get some sweet move ideas! I love it! Teya needs to come have a playdate with those fancy girls, she would have so much fun!

Sally said...

So darling! Delightful blog you have.

We are long time Fancy Nancy fans. I highly recommend the new book: fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words: from Zany to Accessories.

After I read it to Daisy, I heard her tell her cousins, "I'm the only fancy one in my family."