Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Maybe they have older brothers

The other day Rachel and Elizabeth wanted me to go upstairs to check-out all the little "set-ups" they had done in their dollhouse. At first glance, everything was normal.

I saw:

A family having a picnic in the front yard. So far, still normal - nothing wrong here except a few wild hair-dos.


A princess and her horse spending some quality computer time together. Maybe the princess is getting caught up on her blog.


One of the daughters (perhaps a teenager?) eating by herself in the dining room.


Wendy upstairs in the bedroom, trying to decide what hat to wear.


A little piano room. The teenage daughter is probably just about to come in and practice.



Oh, wait. . .what's this?



Rachel (rolling her eyes): "Mom, you know!! It's their weapon bucket!"

Oh, right. Silly me. Because every home needs a weapon bucket, right?




5 comments:

Laura said...

i guess i need to acquire some sort of weapon bucket for my home before i can consider it complete? i can't wait to see our kids play together. the other day, i heard madeline and gretchen talking about how "our littlest pet shops are going to go on adventures with the cowboys and indians"--that seems like it will be right up rachel and lizza's alley.

Marian said...

i love the setups. i don't even think my kids have ever heard of "weapons", let alone think the dolls need a weapons bucket. i'm glad they're keeping them safe!

Eliza said...

i'm glad they are practicing their right to bear arms. their other setups were very nice.

Audra said...

I love it. I still remember the first time I learned about 'set-ups' from Lizza at Gretchen's house. She was just in there minding her own business setting everything up. I'm glad your kids are so practical and realize what is really needed in a home.

Beccarigg said...

Rachel's little comments never cease to make me laugh out loud : ) I love how she says it like weapon buckets are totally the norm and you are little behind the curve for not realizing that right away! What a character!