Thursday, March 12, 2009

I guess we've been busy . .

Holding Henry


(One of Rachel's favorite thing to do is to "hold Henry in the air", as she puts it.)



Eating

(Homemade chips, salsa, and guacamole - our new favorite after church meal)



Decorating the house

(Oliver and Rachel have been making signs and posting them up all around. Oliver made this one for his and Tristan's room. Rachel made one for her room that said, "I TOLD you not to come in here." I don't know who gave them the idea for "do not enter" type signs.)


Learning new skills

(This was a fun little experiement that didn't last long - we're back to two in diapers for the time being.)


Playing games(We've been a little addicted to Ticket to Ride lately. Daniel and I love playing with Tristan and Oliver - it's great having kids old enough to be game-night buddies. The only problem is sometimes we are tempted to have game-night every night.)


Dressing up

(Cowboy Henry)


(Fancy ladies)

(Tristan had to dress up like a storm trooper for a little skit at school)


Playing around




Getting into trouble




And just sitting around being cute




Among other things. . .

8 comments:

Jesse said...

So cute! And we LOVE Ticket to Ride. Too bad we don't live closer.

Eliza said...

Nice update. I think I want to go make me some chips and guacamole now. Tristan looks just like you in that last picture, by the way.

Laura said...

that was a fun way to do a post. i might steal your idea. we went through a 'keep out sign' stage, as well. maybe it's inevitable? i seriously cannot wait for you guys to come. i'm so excited to see the kids all playing together. and us playing, too. and we won't mention what 'other things' you have been up to.

KarenB said...

Wow, baby Henry is so big. I love all the pictures. It's so fun to get little glimpses into your life and pretend you're not so far away. I was just talking to Bill today about purchasing the "Ticket to Ride" game. I love how you guys put the map under the glass on your table! What an ingenious way to study geography!

Beccarigg said...

I think Henry wants me to come pick him up and squeeze his cute little face! I'm sure he gets away with whatever he wants with that smile! He actually reminds me a lot of Oliver, cute, happy and a sparkle in his eye : )He is also irresistible in a cowboy hat!
Looks like he's super mobile. Brinley is still in scooter mode which I guess is good since she hasn't quite figured out how to get in the cupboards and plants ; )
The sign on the door is great and Rachel's dress up outfit is killing me! It's always a good time at the Mott home : )

Audra said...

Sounds like fun around your house! Ty and I love chips and salsa and homemade gauc. I'm glad you guys seem to enjoy Ticket to Ride! Hey just curious, did the girls tutus work out; too big, too small? Love you guys and honestly CANNOT wait for August

Poppy said...

I can't believe how big Henry is...wasn't he just born? You guys seem to have so much fun. I'd like the chips recipe, I'll check your recipe blog...I hope it's there!

Joanne said...

Audra - the girls LOVE the tutus. They fit perfectly.

Poppy - yep, it's on there. Definitely one of our favorite snacks.