Friday, August 7, 2009

The Singing Cowgirl



So, we were listening to music in the car the other day, and the Sweater Song by Weezer came on (if you don't know what song I'm talking about, these are the words to the chorus: "If you want to destroy my sweater....Hold this thread as I walk away... Watch me unravel, I'll soon be naked. Lying on the floor, I've come undone.") At the first mention of the word "naked", this pretty much became all of my kids' favorite song. They wanted to hear it over and over, and there was much laughter and guffawing and snorting.

Anyway, Lizza in particular thought it was about the best thing ever that someone made up a song with the word "naked" in it, and has decided that this song = top-quality music that must be belted out at any given moment in very public settings.

I tried to capture her singing it on camera, but in a rare moment of shyness, she got overcome by giggles and instead of shouting it out at the top of her lungs as she usually does, she instead is singing it pretty quietly:



So just imagine that about 20x louder and in the middle of Wal-mart, and you'll understand why I've been getting some strange looks from my fellow shoppers.

3 comments:

Laura said...

the singing cowboy is definitely a winner! i'm glad that she and pace will never (probably) be in a wal-mart together. it would be too much for all the other shoppers to take in.

Rebekah said...

yes, i can vouch for this one. i've witnessed it belted very loudly in various places. i love it!

Beccarigg said...

She is so cute/funny singing that song! I can never get over her little voice either, seriously love it!

This post also had me laughing just thinking about my own childhood and the word "naked." I don't know why words like that are so funny to kids but I vividly remember being at family scripture study and my dad reading something to the effect of "not suffering your children to go naked" and me and all my siblings just about died laughing! We could not believe there was a verse about naked children in the scriptures! We thought it was so funny/scandalous. : )