Monday, November 12, 2007

The "Relaxing Pants"

Oliver did something funny the other day. We were going through clothes upstairs in his room (I brought in all the winter clothes from the garage, so I'm trying to get rid of some of his summer clothes and too-small things. If you're wondering why I'm only boxing up some of his summer clothes, it's because even though it is the middle of November in most of the country, here in the heart of Texas it is some other month - on Wednesday the high is supposed to be 90 degrees).

Anyway, I was having him try on lots of pants, and we got to a funny little pair of plaid pants. I strongly considered tossing them, because I'm not sure if he has any shirts to match them, but they looked cozy and comfortable, and I thought he'd probably like them, so on they went. I said something like, "Ooh, these seem really soft and comfortable. I bet they'd make good "relaxing pants" (meaning, you are never to wear these out of the house, son!).

I guess he liked the idea of relaxing pants, because he got very excited, saying, "Yes! I love these! These are the best relaxing pants ever! I want to go lay down on my bed right now and just relax."

He ran over to his bed and sprawled out in his best "I'm relaxing" pose. He then gave a big contented sigh, and said, "This is so relaxing! I think I'll just grab myself a club soda and turn on some music."

I was laughing so hard. I have no idea where he heard about club sodas, and why he thinks they might be relaxing. I'm quite sure I've never mentioned them before.

Relaxing Pants: Exhibit A


Relaxing Pants: Exhibit B

5 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Oh my goodness that is sooo funny! Totally love the club soda line! Ollie is such a cute kid! Taber and I were looking at your blog the other day and Taber saw a picture of him and said, "I miss that little guy, he's just so cute"

Marian said...

Too funny, Jos. They do look like pretty good relaxing pants. What a cute kid.

Paige said...

I am totally with Oliver on this! I have a few pairs of PJ pants that- Whitney knows if I put them on- mean I'm sick or feeling like crap. No, Joanne, I would definitely say Daniel doesn't know those things! They were as random of facts as I could think of!

Poppy said...

That is so funny! Kids say the darndest things!

Anonymous said...

I have no words, too funny. Audra