Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Quotable Quotes

Oliver loves to quote funny lines from movies, and Rachel loves to quote Oliver quoting funny lines from movies.

Lately Rachel has been quoting a lot from Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. These are her 3 favorites lines - all of them sound pretty funny coming from the mouth of a little three-year old:

1) "Coincidence? I think not. "

I don't think she has any idea what this means. She just loves to throw it out there at random moments.

2) "You're not saving the species tonight, or any other night! "
(In case you haven't seen this movie, this line is said to Manny the mammoth after he suggests mating with a girl mammoth in order to save the species.)

I sure hope she doesn't know what this means.

3) "What? It's catchy!"
(Sid the Sloth says this to Manny the mammoth after Manny tells him to stop singing a song the vultures made up.)

I didn't think she knew what this one meant until Sunday, when we had this conversation:

Rachel: Mom, don't look at me - I don't want to see your face.

Me: Hey, that's not nice.

Rachel (again): I don't want to see your face.

Me: Why are you saying that?

Rachel: I just don't want to see your face.

Me: Okay, new rule - you aren't allowed to say that ever again.

Rachel: What? It's catchy!


I think I ruined the stern disciplinary moment I was planning by laughing out loud.

3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

LOL! I love your Rachel posts Joanne! She is so stinking funny! Teya loves Ice Age the Meltdown, that will be funny when she can talk well enough to quote it!

Paige said...

I was trying to think where that was going to go! Hahaha! I think I love her!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!! She is so funny. Well sadly I haven;t seen Rachey that much becaue of the distance, but Daniel is always telling that Lizzy is a bit ferocious an a bit dominant, but I think Rachel might have that in her and some other adoarable qualities...I'm still laughing. I will now proceed to text or call every person in the family and ask if they've seen the Emperor story and the Ice age story. Audra