Monday, June 8, 2009

That's so posh!

*Definition of "posh": (adj.) Smart and fashionable.

*Definition of "posh" according to Fancy Nancy: "a fancy way to say fancy."
As in "Papillons are so posh!"

*Or, "Look at me, Mom - I'm so posh just like Fancy Nancy!"




Anyway, last week after church I was asking the kids what they learned about in their classes. When I got to Elizabeth, I was a little surprised at what she said.


Me: So, Lizza, what did you learn about in nursery today?


E (thinking really hard): Um. . .Jesus.


Me: Oh, neat. What did your teachers tell you about Jesus? (I was thinking there was a good chance there had been no actual lesson on Jesus, but that Lizza had just decided that was a safe answer. )


E (thinking even harder): Um. . . I can't remember.


Me: Try.


E: Oh, yeah!! I learned about how Jesus is "posh."


I was laughing pretty hard as I was trying to decide the level of inappropriate-ness (is that a word?) she had reached. I'd like to think that to Lizza, "posh" just means really, really special. In a religious way, even.


Either that, or she was just trying to be funny.

4 comments:

Poppy said...

Funny girl! She is so big! How time flies. It looks like you guys had a fun Memorial day. You guys are always doing such fun things. Who says that kids slow you down?

Laura said...

we use the word "posh" a lot at our house, but i'm not sure we've ever used it in quite that way. she's so funny.

Beccarigg said...

Okay, not only is what she said hilarious but the "posh" picture at the top perfectly completes the story! I need to get some fancy Nancy books for Teya. She's never been into the girly dress up stuff but maybe it's just for lack of exposure. Lizza looks too cute all poshed out!

Marian said...

love the hat, lizza. too, too posh.