Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

Daniel and I went to New Orleans last week and didn't get back until Sunday night (my mom came and stayed with all the kids while we were gone), so I didn't really make big Easter plans except leaving some plastic eggs and treats for my mom to set up a little hunt for the kids.

I should have known that even with his parents gone, Oliver would find a way to decorate appropriately for the holiday (see Halloween 2007 and Christmas 2007 if you're wondering what I'm talking about). Anyway, the kids did their Easter egg hunt on Saturday and then that same day they got one of Grandma Nini's wonderful packages in the mail, complete with Easter bunny boxes full of treats from See's. I guess that was enough to get both Tristan and Ollie's creativity flowing, and the decorating began.

I'm not sure what was done first, but Daniel and I had the pleasure of coming home to a beautifully decorated front yard and door. The eggs on the tree are courtesy of Tristan and Grandma Orva (he somehow convinced her to string all the easter eggs and then he hung them up while standing on a kitchen barstool, crashing once before getting Oliver to hold it still) and Oliver took care of the rest - he cut off the top of one of Grandma Nini's treat boxes to get the cute little bunny at the base of the tree.

The problem was that none of this fun Easter activity was documented, as I had our camera in New Orleans with us, so yesterday I made all the kids get dressed up in their Sunday clothes again and we took fake Easter pictures.

Here are the cute decorations:



And the happy "day after Easter" kids:



8 comments:

Gretchen said...

Thanks for posting the cute pictures. I love the girls dresses with their fun hats. Your kids are so creative. I wonder if all of your neighbors are thinking it is you that is coming up with all this wonderful creativity. I know that my mom used to have a house on her street that did very interesting decor for all of the seasons and I thought they were very interesting people but maybe a little peculiar. Then again I think they put forks all over their yard facing up for Halloween. I used to think it was a little odd but now that I think about it, I guess its great if it was an idea their kids came up with. I could just see a little mind thinking that would be a scary decoration. The good thing is if they know you then your fine and if they don't once they meet you and see what a great mom you are they will put it all together (I'm only saying that if Olly decides to go with the fork idea).

Eliza said...

Love the decorations! Your kids all look very cute in their Easter Sunday clothes too. Darling pink dress of Lizzys. And you guys even did the Easter hat thing. So cute!

Jesse said...

You had such a lovely home-coming! Really cute pictures.

Joanne said...

Gretch - I've wondered the same thing about the neighbors. I have no idea what they think - none of them know our kids or have young kids of their own.

Audra said...

I'm still laughing about Mom's old neighbor; I knew their kids and none of them were younger than 17 at the time. Anyway your family just looks so adorable for Easter. I love the girls hats and dresses. I have a request...I would like to see some pictures from your trip to New Orleans. Love you. Oh yeah, I'm so excited you're coming for Anth's wedding.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. The girls look so cute - I especially love Lizzy's hat. Sounds like Mom had fun with the kids!

Grandma Nini said...

Boy what a great slide show. You really are a pro! The kids look so adorable and I would say it looks like Easter Sunday to me!!! I think that I should send the Sees box idea decor into Corp and suggest that they tell folks the boxes also make good holiday decorations for the yard. I think the kids are supper. Thanks to Orva for encouraging them in their creativity. She is a wonderful granny!!! I love you all and can't wait to see you soon. Keep up the incredible job.

Grandma Nini said...

Did I really write supper??? I guess if you were really hungry it would be super to have supper. I meant super!!! hey I am old and not good at typing!!! Or spelloing!!!