Monday, December 17, 2007

Foggy Days Renamed

I don't know why, but since I was little I have always really, really loved foggy days. They just seem cool for some reason.

Last week Rachel looked outside on one particularly foggy day, and I could tell she was really impressed and wanted to tell me about it, but she couldn't remember what it was called. She yelled out, "Mom, it looks really. . .um. . .really. . .SILKY outside!" Oliver, the wise older brother, was right there to correct her, of course - "No, Rachel. . .You mean it's really SOGGY outside."

Nice try, both of you.

A foggy day is fun, but nothing beats a silky, soggy, foggy day.



Here's the foggy view from our kitchen window:

2 comments:

Poppy said...

You guys always seem to have such fun.

Gretchen said...

It's a good thing she has Oliver to keep her straight...So funny, I can just see it.