Friday, April 18, 2008

No time to say "Mini-Wheats"

I can always tell when I might be saying something too often because my kids start saying it, too. I think I need to stop saying that I'm too busy for things.
This morning I asked Rachel what kind of cereal she wanted and she said, "the same kind that Tristan has." I poured her a bowl of Mini-Wheats, thinking nothing of it. Apparently she wanted to discuss the matter further, though, as she then offered up this long explanation: "Mom, I've just been getting really busy lately. That's why I just said 'the same kind that Tristan has' when you asked me what kind of cereal I wanted, because I didn't really have time to say that I wanted Mini-Wheats."

Then she did a big sigh as she pondered her busy life. I'm not exactly sure what she's got on her schedule today that has her so concerned. It will be interesting to see what other "time-saving" techniques she comes up with.

6 comments:

Audra said...

This is such a cute story. I'm so excited to see her in just a few days. Actually this story reminds me of some of the Christmas videos. Tristan was singing his song and he messed up and wanted to start again and he said, 'darn it.' It reminded me so much of you when I heard him say it. I actually don't even know if you say that a ton, it just really reminded me of you.

Jesse said...

Yes. Kids always have an agenda full of very important kids things. And I think everyone should have a kid around for the purpose of getting to hear what one says most often. There are a few less-than-desirable phrases that have been brought to our attention via Gracie's little mouth.

Natalie said...

She sounds like a true girl...the sighs and everything. I love that story. Don't you wish you could read her mind? Maybe then you could incorporate her impressive tactics without her having to even tell you.

Beccarigg said...

Rachel never fails to make me laugh! She seriously has so much personality packed in that little frame it amazes me!

Josh said...

I hate to do this to you Joanne, but I "tag you." Check my blog for more details. And if you don't really want to do it, then that's okay...it was a pain!

Heather said...

It was fun to see you guys! My kids would eat mini wheats for every meal, I guess butter than candy!!