Friday, May 16, 2008

Utah Trip: Part Two

Daniel could only stay in Utah for a few days after the wedding (the kids and I stayed for an extra week), so we wanted to do some fun things as a family before he left. On Friday, the day after the wedding, we met Grandpa Darcy (Daniel's dad) for lunch at Thanksgiving Point. Daniel's brother Nicolas was there, too, along with his sister Audra with her baby girl, London.

The kids loved just being outside there. At one point they were waiting for me to come out of the restaurant, and I found them all just sprawled out on a big grassy hill. Rachel came running up to me and yelled, "Mom, you will not believe this, it is so awesome! You can actually lay down on the grass in Utah!!!" (You may need to have seen our yard in Texas to understand why this was such an exciting thing for her.)

Grandpa Darcy had to leave after lunch, but the rest of us went over to enjoy Farm Country. We were planning on spending just a little bit of time there and then going over to the dinosaur museum, but the kids loved it so much we ended up spending the whole afternoon there.

After we were all done petting animals, feeding animals, going on pony rides, etc., we let the kids play for awhile at a little playground across the street, and then we all headed up Provo Canyon. We have missed the mountains so much! We stopped at Vivian Park and let the kids play around. There was still a little bit of snow on the ground in some areas, which was kind of a novelty. I don't think my kids remember snow very much at all.

Thanksgiving Point/Farm Country/Playground/Vivian Park pictures:







On Saturday we decided to go back out to Thanksgiving Point, this time to do the dinosaur museum. The last time we went there was when the boys were little and I was pregnant with Rachel, so they were all pretty excited about it.

After the museum, we drove back down to Provo and met Daniel's family at Los Hermanos for dinner, which brought back some fun memories (we used to live just down the street from there).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I love the pictures. It sounds like everyone had lots of fun. Thanks for sharing!

Marian

Eliza said...

It looks like you had a busy vacation. That grass comment so makes me want to go back to Utah about right now. I can just feel the lushness on a cool summer evening. Not so much here. The mountains looked really pretty in the back too.

Beccarigg said...

Joanne! I'm so bummed we missed each other in Utah! I can't believe we were there at the same time! My parents live like 10 minutes away from Thanksgiving Point, that would've been so fun to meet you guys there! Next time we will have to coordinate something!

I'm so glad you guys had a good time! I love Rachel's grass comment! I definitely don't miss the grass in Texas! Sounds like you guys hit a lot of great spots, I totally know how you feel about the mountains, I miss them too!

Anyway, glad you guys are back and had a great trip! Also thanks for your insights about labor, I thought your stories were very helpful! I'm gonna try going natural so I'll keep you updated!

Audra said...

Hey, I love all the pictures. I would love to get copies of the ones with Londy and her cousins. Well we sure miss you guys. It was just so fun to see your kids and you and Daniel. Love you so much!