Monday, August 25, 2008

Oliver's 6th Birthday

Oliver turned six last Sunday, on August 17th.



Ollie eating his birthday breakfast of pancakes with ice-cream. Everyone else usually just picks a favorite cold cereal, but when I asked Oliver what he wanted for his birthday meals, he thought for a minute and then said, "Do I have to choose cereal, or can I pick anything I want?" This is what we ended up with. Everyone was pleased to get ice-cream for breakfast - thank you, Ollie.



He was excited to see his new transformers toy.



Very, very excited.



He was also thrilled about the new Lego set. Almost as thrilled as Tristan (who had totally guessed that we had bought this particular set for Oliver. He kept asking and asking if we had, and Daniel and I were both saying things like, "well, Legos are usually better for Christmas presents, because they're kind of expensive, and we've already bought Oliver some other things, plus Dad wants to get some new Legos for his birthday, etc." Tristan looked at me for a second, and then said, "Well, I'm pretty sure you did get it, because I can tell you're trying to tempt me to think that you didn't, which means that you probably did." We told him to just be quiet and not try to guess after that.)



The birthday boy holding Henry before going to church. Oliver adores Henry.



Tristan and Oliver putting the Lego set together. I love watching these two boys build/play/work together. They're a great team.



Oliver blowing out the candles on his ocean/island/volcano/palm tree/pirate/treasure chest/shark/boat cake. I think I might retire from fancy cake making now. At least Tristan's birthday isn't until December, so I have a bit of a break.



The gang (minus Henry).

9 comments:

Poppy said...

What a cute cake...and you say I have good ideas! I can't believe that it was a year ago that you made the other one...time sure does fly.

Marian said...

happy birthday oliver! that's quite a cake, joanne. very cute pictures, and very cute kids.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Oliver!! The new baby is so cute! Congratulations!!

Eliza said...

Happy Birthday Oliver! I totally forgot that he shared with Mom. Woops. He looks very pleased and you are a good mom to grant his request of ice cream for breakfast. Seriously, Ice cream? Did he have it with the cake that night too?

Eliza said...

Oh, and I forgot to say that Henry looks just like Tristan's baby pictures in the picture of Ollie holding him.

Diane said...

Joanne, your birthday cakes are out of control. What are you doing on Jan 25 next year? (I'll provide 52 candles if you'll make me a cool cake).

Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday Oliver! (late) You do such a great job with their birthdays. Lizzy looks a ton like Audra in this picture.

Beccarigg said...

I want you to make me a cake for my birthday! I'm thinking a tropical paradise theme with miniatures of my family and a separate cabana and live in babysitter for the kids ; )

KarenB said...

I wish I would've known - the kids would have liked to call him or send him a card. I need to be better about keeping track of these things! Awesome cake!