Friday, February 25, 2011

Coolest Day Ever for the Mott Boys

Last Saturday Daniel drove Tristan and Oliver up to Fort Worth to go to the BYU/TCU basketball game.  They were so excited about getting to watch Jimmer and the rest of the team play in Texas. 

After the game when everyone had been cleared out of the stadium, they were waiting outside by the buses in hopes of seeing Jimmer. Daniel knew their chances were slim, though, because pretty much everyone who was at the game had the same plan, and there were hundreds of people (both BYU and TCU fans) waiting around.

As they were walking toward the buses, a random lady in a TCU shirt told Daniel that Jimmer had actually walked back out onto the court and had been signing autographs. Daniel, the boys, and some friends they were with found an unlocked door and went back into the stadium. Sure enough, Jimmer was in there talking to just a few people, and the rest of the stadium was empty (thank you, TCU lady!!).  He came over and signed Tristan and Oliver's shirts, and then posed for some pictures. 







They were so excited!  They called me on their way home from the game to tell me all about it, and ask if I would let them staple their shirts up on the wall in their room (I said yes). 

It was fun, because Tristan and Oliver have been watching him play for awhile now, and they're completely aware of how famous he is and what a big deal it is that they got their picture with him.  Daniel told me that Oliver was commenting on how lucky they've been with meeting famous people - first with Bronco Mendenhall and Jake Heaps at the bowl game, and then Jimmer.  He said to Daniel, "Who's next, Barack Obama?" 

Haha.  We'll see what we can do, Ollie.

(personally, I'd rather meet Jimmer.)

(because can the President do this?)



(or this?)

4 comments:

Diane said...

More than cool!

Beccarigg said...

Okay, your boys are SOOOO lucky! We totally have Jimmer fever and are super jealous that they got to meet him, take pics with him and get his autograph! How stinking cool! I was dying laughing over Ollie's Obama comment too. I can see why he would think that though, I mean, he met THE JIMMER! the only thing that could possibly top that is meeting the president right? ; )

KarenB said...

I had to call William up here to show him the pictures. He thought that was so cool. He and Bill are big Jimmer fans as well. He wants to show his dad the pictures when he gets home.

I like the new look on your blog. I'm sad we missed you guys at Christmas, but I'm very aware how busy those holiday days go when you have so much family to see! It looks like you had a lot of fun!

Laura said...

how fun is that?! that would be like my girls meeting taylor swift or something.
and just so you know, it makes me look bad every time you post, because, you know, we both have 6 kids and all, and cindy's even younger than wells, and i'm still not able to get it together enough to blog....