Thursday, January 25, 2007

Being Brave

Yesterday we were working with Rachel on being brave, because I discovered that she is terrified to go into a room if the light is not turned on, even in the middle of the day. I asked her to help me carry some laundry into my bedroom and put it on the bed so I could fold it, and she couldn't do it, even if I was standing in the doorway watching her. She finally did it, after about 10 minutes.

Then last night we did lots of "bravery missions" - she would run from the game room into her room to grab something, and then run back out and bring it to us. Every time she did it, she got a smartie. She seemed to get a lot better by the end of the night, and she likes to talk a lot now about how brave she thinks she is.

Well, today she and Oliver were playing with a bunch of toy food, and they kept making me little "snacks" and bringing them to me to eat. Most of the snacks were desserts and fruit, but then Rachel brought me a plate with a big fake pile of peas on it and said, "Mom, just be really brave and try a bite of the peas! C'mon, you can do it. Just be brave! It's okay!"



No comments: