Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Oliver is done with reading lessons!

Oliver finished his reading lesson book last week, so we celebrated with a little party. I asked what he wanted to do for the party, and he requested a cake that was shaped like a book and had words on it. I thought he would want the words to say something like "Hooray, I can Read!" or "Congratulations Oliver" or something like that, but he said he wanted it to say "Oliver's reading lesson party" on it. Apparently the cake was supposed to label the party, not the achievement.

Anyway, he finished his 100th lesson last Thursday, and Anita came into town Thursday evening, so we had the party that night. We didn't really do the whole "shaped like a book" thing (unless rectangle cake pans count) and I could only fit the words "Oliver's Reading Party" on it, but he was thrilled.

He's been way more excited about reading than Tristan was when he finished, and he goes around reading labels off of everything. I think I should finally go get my library card so we can pick him up some beginning reading books.





No comments: