Tuesday, March 27, 2007

When I grow up. . .



It is funny that sometimes kids think it's so hard to be kids. Oliver and Rachel have been talking lately about things they're going to do when they grow up. Oliver is really excited about growing up so he can build a fire all by himself. In fact, I just realized something - the other day I asked him what he wanted to do when he grew up (meaning, what job does he want) and he said, "go camping", and now I'm realizing it's because he wants to build a fire. Anyway, he came up to me and told me he thinks he's figured out how he can do it. He said he would have lots of little kids go pick up little tiny sticks, and put them in the fire, and then he would get some big logs, and then he would get a match and throw it on the fire. He kept repeating this sequence to himself and to me; he was really trying to think through all the steps and try to imagine if he would really be able to carry it all out by himself. I told Daniel this story and he decided maybe we should go camping this weekend. I think he wants to let Oliver try out his plan.

Rachel has just told me recently that when she grows up to be taller than a door she'll be a mom and then the only thing she'll do is make macaroni and cheese for her kids.

No comments: