Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I'm NOT mad at you



Yesterday while we were eating lunch, Rachel held up her hand and pointed it at me in a "I'm about to explain something to you" kind of manner, and then went on to say, "Mom, I'm NOT mad at you, but just so you know, you're not really in charge of me. But I'm NOT mad at you. I just wanted to tell you that I'm the one in charge of what I do. But I'm NOT mad at you, okay?

She really wanted to make it very clear to me that she wasn't mad at me. I have already had to clear up this issue of her thinking she's in charge of herself in the past, but yesterday, all she needed was a look from me, and then she added, "I was just saying that, but REALLY you ARE in charge of me."

Glad she got that straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Just for the record I am home alone ish right now(Londy is asleep and Ty is working) and it is 8:30PM, and I am lauging really loud by myself, which reminds me I'm also talking to myself. Anyway, I have read and re-read all of the funny memory stories, and cannot get over how funny they are. This is one of my favorite, because I think Rachey really wishes she were in charge ie. the emperor story and a few others. I just love her, but I'm glad you show her who's boss Joanne.