Friday, March 5, 2010

January and February pictures

JANUARY

Major lego battle on New Years Day (major = it involved moving the whole kitchen table out of the kitchen):
Fancy Rachel.  I bought this wig from the Halloween clearance stuff at Wal-Mart for 50 cents, and Rachel wore it straight for one week until it started shedding hair everywhere and I threw it away.  It was a sad day.  She was so proud of her long blond hair:
Henry's favorite spot in the kitchen.  He will sit there forever just looking out the window at our neighbor's dog.  Free entertainment!  Neighbors, please let your dog outside more often.
Tristan helping Rachel practice her kung-fu moves.  I guess that is a kung-fu outfit?
Henry at the park:
Chef Lizza.  She and Rachel are always whipping up gourmet treats for me.
Henry has recently decided he is one of the big kids.  He wants to do everything with them now.
I love my little readers:


FEBRUARY

Proof that Henry has older sisters:
Proof that Henry has older brothers:
Proof that Henry's older sisters also have older brothers:
Rachel pretending she is a grown-up who is "really rich" because she has a horse and two cars.  She said the horse is for her husband to ride to work (lucky him!), one car is for her to drive to the store "and stuff", and the other car is for her teenagers to drive to college.  Dream on, Rachel.
 
Rachel and Lizza in some sort of elaborate cave/hide-out/sunbathing dwelling they created (They said the part they're sitting on now is for resting in the sun).  And Rachel is pretending to put stitches in her leg for some reason. Seriously, every time she went and sat in that spot, she would say, "Look, Mom, this little stool is perfect for me to rest my feet on while I stitch up my leg", and she would stitch away.  Where did she get that idea?  I can't figure it out.  I love the look of concern on Lizza's face. 
A friendly princess and a Snow Queen.  Can you guess which one is which?
All the kids at Maudie's on our 10th anniversary.  We didn't have a babysitter, so the kids got to celebrate with us. 
Riding horses.  Henry got this little rocking horse for Christmas, and Rachel has claimed it as her own.  No rocking in place for her, though - she gallops this thing all over the house. 
At least she gives rides, though:
And Lizza makes do with a rocker with a stick horse stuck in it.  She's a good sport.  And surprisingly fast on it.
Henry broke the bottom out of Rachel's toy cradle, climbed in, and tucked himself in with a little doll blanket.  He was very proud of himself.  I love his feet sticking out the end. 
Playing princesses.  It was so funny to watch these two play together.  Lizza was talking in a nice princess voice and having her princesses dance and kiss and find good spots in the castle to take naps.  Henry was growling and throwing the princesses from the top of the castle and then he'd dramatically fall to the floor and act like he'd been shot or something and then he'd repeat the whole thing. 
At the park:

5 comments:

Laura said...

i love them all. my favorite part about these posts is that i catch a glimpse of daily mott life, which is always entertainingly funny.
i like seeing henry tag along with the kids. that cradle picture is too funny. i like the reading pictures, too. i love finding my kids propped up in various places reading.
you are so good at taking pictures. i have been going through a serious picture slump. maybe you could come visit and take some pictures for me?

Diane said...

I love watching your children grow by seeing all these delightful pictures. Henry is in my favorite stage of childhood!

KarenB said...

The kids and I read this together. We were all laughing and missing you guys. Henry is growing so fast. His little feet sticking out the bottom of the baby crib were adorable. I love all your "Proof" pictures - too funny! I can't wait until you come live near by someday.

Beccarigg said...

All the dress up pictures are so cute! Teya would think she had died and gone to heaven if she got a hold of your girls dress up collection! those dresses are gorgeous, especially love the princess and snow queen! Henry is fabulous in his dress ups too! I agree that he is in my favorite stage too. Brinley is right there with him and it's just so much fun!

The reading pictures make me happy. That picture of all your kids reading on the couch is my dream someday! You guys are so awesome! I also love the pics of the girls cooking with their play stuff. Lizza's apron and Chef's hat are "The General" if you know what I mean ; )

Also congrats on 10 years of marriage! Holy cow that's awesome! I'm so bummed that I don't live there because I TOTALLY would've babysat for you!! Looks like you guys had fun though : )

Great posts, Great pics, and yes, I'm totally jealous of your beautiful weather and the fact that you guys are already playing at parks! Can't wait!

Audra said...

Love them all! I love the wig that Rachel wore for a week straight. I could totally see her doing that.
Congratulations on your 10th, that is something to be very proud of, wow. I thought of you guys on that day...or week. Love you guys and miss you so much.
Wish i could have caught Daniel on his guy trip darn it, tell him I love him.