Thursday, May 26, 2011

Just another day sweeping the floor at the Mott home

Oliver’s job every night after dinner is to sweep the kitchen floor. 

His favorite band is Pearl Jam.

He likes to combine the two.

Henry copies everything Oliver does.

Welcome to our kitchen:  the floor may not be quite clean, but at least we're still getting some quality time with the broom.

IMG_1308

IMG_1307




IMG_1309




(For the record, I don’t think anywhere in the original lyrics of Eddie Vedder’s “Wishlist” does he say “I wish I was an alien. . .”  That’s all Henry.)*

*Nevermind - I was wrong.  Oliver informed me that it does say "I wish I was an alien."  So Henry knew what he was talking about.

5 comments:

Diane said...

I'm still laughing. At least they're sweeping!

Corinne Ritz said...

HAHHA!!! I was watching this when Harrison came up and wanted me to replay the videos. He said in a very serisous voice, that is hilarious. Your boys need to come do my floors!

Laura said...

i don't know why being an alien isn't on everyone's wishlist. it sound like a fabulous thing to wish. p.s. i like how your blog colors match your bedroom colors.

Beccarigg said...

Too stinking funny! I love how Henry totally tries to copy Oliver's moves in that second video. Also love his creative original lyrics : ) Awesome.

KarenB said...

The kids lived this when I showed them. They are so funny! They make sweeping look so fun! I'm inspired :-)