Friday, May 13, 2011

March 2011 – New Orleans

Back in March, Daniel drove with Tristan and Oliver to New Orleans to watch the BYU basketball team play against Florida in the Sweet 16.

Obviously they were hoping to be able to watch two games while they were there, but even though BYU lost their first game and didn’t advance, the boys were still able to have a fun time exploring New Orleans.

Beignets at the famous Café Du Monde:Cafe Du Monde

Jackson Square:Jackson Square

Fighting off dangerous alligator heads:
2011 Mar 25_7485


2011 Mar 25_7487

I think one of their favorite places in New Orleans was the Audubon Insectarium.
2011 Mar 25_7492

While they were there, I got a call on the phone from Oliver.  He told me he had just eaten worms in the cafeteria at the Insectarium.  I was like, “Oh, haha, you mean they had spaghetti and they called it worms?”, and he said, “No, Mom.  Real worms.” 

I don’t know where this boy comes from.  He is crazy.   
2011 Mar 25_7489




Another trip favorite was the Cemetery tour.  The boys came home with all sorts of creepy stories to scare the girls with. 
2011 Mar 25_7497

Outside Peyton Manning’s house:
2011 Mar 25_7501

Po’ boy sandwiches at Mother’s Restaurant:
2011 Mar 25_7502_edited-1

Watching street performers:


2011 Mar 25_7505

Happy boys.

4 comments:

Laura said...

okay--i'm not sure if i'm okay with ollie eating worms. now i almost can't eat my dinner. and it's not even spaghetti. thank goodness. other than that, it looks like the had such a great time!

Corinne Ritz said...

That was AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait to show this post to my kids! Ollie has earned serious bragging rights!
What a fun trip!!! Male bonding time achieved!

Beccarigg said...

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe Ollie ate those worms and that cricket or whatever it was. AHHHH! I totally had my jaw to the floor in shock/horror watching him eat that! TOTALLY a little Bear Grylls in the making. In fact, I was actually making the same horrified face I make when I watch Bear Grylls eat crazy stuff on Man vs. Wild. That kid is brave! I mean, he didn't even flinch! Wow!

Daniel is definitely the coolest dad ever for bringing them out there for that game. Even though BYU lost it's still kind of epic that they were THERE! I mean it's been decades since BYU was in the sweet 16 so yeah, your boys experienced a moment in history : )

KarenB said...

If we still lived out there, I'm sure Bill and William would have tagged along and joined them. I'm not so sure William would have tried the worms though. Ollie's brave!