Saturday, July 7, 2007

Everyone Does

Tonight Tristan and Oliver were discussing the height of different dinosaurs, specifically sauropods (longnecks for any of you who aren't well-read on dinosaurs).

Oliver asked me if there were any sauropods whose body, not including their neck, was as tall as our house. I was kind of hum-hawing, and ended up deciding that maybe there were.

Tristan said, "well, I'm pretty sure there were, because when we lived at Franklin Park you told us that there were sauropods whose heads were taller than our whole building, and if their heads were up that high, I'm guessing their bodies had to be at least as high as our house now."

So first of all, I was surprised that he remembered something I told him so long ago and has been counting it as fact, and secondly, I was impressed with his reasoning skills.

I started laughing a little, and he said, "What?". I said, "Tristan, you've got a brain in your head." He replied, "Well, of course, Mom - everyone does."

No comments: