Monday, July 2, 2007

July

I can’t believe it’s July already. This year has started to go by so quickly. We’re getting more used to living here in Pflugerville now that we’ve been here for a year. So far this summer has been pretty fun. It hasn’t gotten super hot yet, because we’ve had the wettest June in history here, I think. There has been a lot of flooding in the Austin area and up in Dallas, but not right by our house.

My most exciting news is that my good friend Karen Bates (lived across from us at Franklin Park in Provo; husband Bill was in the MBA program with Daniel) is moving to Pflugerville in a few weeks. Bill got a job in Austin, and they both flew out a few weeks ago and stayed at our house while they looked for houses. They found one about 5 minutes away from us, so they’ll be in our same ward. I’m spoiled from Franklin Park, though, because I really wanted them to move onto our same street. I would love it if our kids could walk back and forth between houses like they used to, and go to the same school (their kids will go to Rowe Elementary, not Murchison). Oh, well. I’m just glad they’ll be here in Pflugerville.

No comments: