Friday, June 29, 2007

Tristan and Oliver doing Yoga




Last night we did Yoga as a family (minus Lizzy, who was in bed, and minus Rachel, who said she just wanted to watch and bring people water when they were thirsty).

It was the first time either Tristan or Oliver had done the floor poses, and I was surprised at how well they did. During the Locust pose, I sneaked a peek over at Tristan to give him some more instruction, and I was shocked that he was doing it better than I was. I rushed to get the camera and then took pictures of Tristan and Oliver in their Locust poses. There is also a picture of Tristan doing the Camel.

This morning Daniel and I were in bed trying to decide if we should get up or not, and Tristan came in and said, "It's 6:30 - can I get up and do Yoga with you guys?" I told him that we were going to go back to sleep and just do it tonight, and he could do it with us then. He said, "No, that's okay - I'll just do it right now by myself." He was pretty persistent, so I finally went out and got him set up with the DVD for the standing poses. I went back to bed for about 30 seconds, but I just kept thinking about him out there doing it all by himself so I finally got up and did it with him. Six-year olds doing Yoga can be very motivating.

No comments: