Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Schlitterbahn Water Park - New Braunfels, Texas


Yesterday we went with Nick to Schlitterbahn, a world-famous waterpark in New Braunfels, Texas (about an hour away). It was so much fun! I was worried how it would go with all the kids, but they all loved it and were great. There were so many great kid spots there, and Tristan and Oliver actually went on several big slides, too, and they weren't even scared.

Daniel and Nick went on the Skycoaster with JT (one of Nick's friends who lives in the area - he had a season pass and got us all in to Schlitterbahn for half-price, which was nice). The Skycoaster is the thing where they strap you in and then lift you way, way up to the top of a tower and then you pull a cord and go flying down into the sky and then swing back and forth in the air. Sounds fun, right? I would never in a million. . .The terror is not worth the tiny chance that there might be one second worth of fun.

Here are some pictures of Daniel, Nick, and JT enjoying the Skycoaster:







And here are some pictures of the kids having lots of fun at Schlitterbahn:


My sister told me she thought it was neat that we do so many cool things with our kids, but I told her that I can't take any of the credit for being a fun Mom and taking our kids to do fun things - that's just Daniel's adventurous side. In fact, usually when he comes up big these big fun plans, a little part in my mind is thinking "uh-oh, how is that going to go with all the kids? Are they going to get sunburned? I guess that means no naps. . hmmm. . should I bring the double stroller? Will all the kids like it? Probably not Rachel and Lizzy. . .I hope I remember to bring their bibs in the diaper bag. . And I need to check in the garage to see if we have hiking boots for Rachel. . Should I have Oliver wear his floaty suit or just his normal suit and then a life-jacket? What kind of snacks do I need to fix before so we're all ready? Are the camera batteries charged?"

And Daniel's just thinking, "let's go!"

And then it ends up being really fun. But some of the fun is probably because I end up being pretty prepared after all my worry. I guess that's one of the reasons Daniel and I are a good pair.

No comments: