Monday, June 11, 2007

Temptations and Confessions

Oliver has been saying something funny lately. When we were at Schlitterbahn he was standing in a long line with Daniel and Tristan to go on a waterslide. I think he was getting hot and tired, and he looked up at Daniel and said, "Dad, my feet are attempted to go in the water." I'm pretty sure he meant "tempted".

A little while later (they were still in line up on a balcony-type thing, and looking down at all of the swimmers going around in the lazy river) he said, "Now my feet are attempted to fly and go in the water." I'm not sure what he meant by that - maybe he wanted to fly down to the lazy river and dip his feet in? Who knows?

Then yesterday he confessed to me that sometimes when he is in a time-out in his room he is "attempted" to play with a remote-control car that is in his treasure box.

It's so cute when he says it that I haven't explained to him that "attempted" and "tempted" mean different things. I hate to correct my kids when they're saying something super cute.

Speaking of confessing things, today Tristan confessed to me that one day when he was only five he was in the study and he was supposed to be taking a nap and he looked at books instead, before I told him he could (sometimes we do part resting/part reading naps, and I guess he skipped the resting and went straight to the reading that time). I'm glad he got that off his conscience.

No comments: