Friday, July 13, 2007

"You're the best friend I have ever seen!"

I think Rachel must be buttering me and Daniel up for something. The last few weeks she has been extra fond of saying random things like, "Mom, you're so nice", and "I can't believe how nice Dad is", and "Mom, you're the best friend I have ever seen" and "Mom and Dad, you guys are the best parents I have ever seen in my whole life."
For example, as I was writing the above sentence, Rachel started bringing me in little letter magnets that she was pretending were treats. She then said, "Mom, I'm just bringing you lots and lots of treats because you're my best friend." And then as she walked out she said, "I just decided to make you really happy. Can you just not believe how many treats I'm giving you?

I'm not sure where any of this is coming from. I think she just likes to be dramatic about her feelings toward us. I guess I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Now she just walked in again to ask if I still can't believe it, and to remind me that nobody sent us these treats - she just brought them to me because she thought I might love them.

This is all very fun. I've never had so many letter magnet treats before.

No comments: