Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gulf Coast Road Trip: Cousins

One of my favorite things after we got to Laura's house was just seeing how much fun the kids had playing together. Laura has five kids, too (Gwyneth and Liesel are 10, Madeline is 7, Gretchen is 5, and Pace is almost 2), so between the two of us there were ten kids running around (or crawling, in Henry's case). It had been more than two years since our kids had seen each other, so it was really fun to see them all get to know each other again.

The weather was nice and hot when we got there, so the first thing we did was go jump in the pool. After that there was lots of playing on the swingset, building train tracks, dressing up, board games, etc. It made me wish more than ever that I lived next to all my sisters, so our kids could always be such good friends.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Cousins
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Like I said to Laura over and over- I am so jealous of your trip! Not in a bad way (I'm glad you guys had fun) I just wish we all could have been there. All the sun and the water and cousins just seems perfect. But we are getting excited for you to come here. Shayne told me today that she's excited for Bradshaw's birthday "not because it's bradshaw's birthday, but because Joanne is coming with her kids!" So no pressure or anything, but ya'll should come.

Laura said...

i loved re-living all these great moments. i would've hated to live in the "olden days" when they didn't have pictures (liesel said "or smilebox"). pictures make it so much easier to remember.

Beccarigg said...

I love all the cousin pics! Every time we go out to Utah I'm just amazed at how well Teya plays with all her cousins. Even though they only see each other twice a year there's just a special bond! (p.s. Rachel's hat tipping picture and best friend quote are awesome!)