Friday, October 30, 2009

September

Here are some pictures and fun stuff from September (which seems forever ago, now that it's almost November, but really it was only last month, so I'm barely even late in posting these, right?):

1) Swimming. This was our final trip to the pool this year. The slides and playground stuff by the pool were finally not too hot to play on:



Lizza "helping" me take care of Henry. I realized it was much harder to go swimming with him now that he can walk.


Rachel showing off her new swimming skills that she learned over the summer:

So of course, Lizza had to show off hers, too:


2) Work party/Round Rock Express baseball game


3) Henry's new favorite sleeping arrangement:


He lifts up the padding that goes on the bottom of his porta-crib, folds it up, and then just lays there on top of the bars. I don't know how he sleeps like that - it seems so uncomfortable.



He is pretty pleased about his bed-wrecking abilities, though:



4) He tries to make up for all his mischievousness by being extra cute- he thinks all is forgiven when he offers up his favorite trick, the bend:


And he's usually right.



5) And finally, here are Rachel and Elizabeth being "Princesses of the Night."


I'm not sure what those are, but here's another one:


(She was very specific: "Mom, I am not a regular princess. I am a Princess of the Night!")

I don't know - I think maybe it's the baseball and the sword that are the tipping point from just regular old princess in a bunny dress over to the dark side of princess-ness.

Anyway, that's it for random September photos. Maybe before Christmas I'll actually get to October.

5 comments:

Diane said...

I am fascinated to think what your children will choose to be for Halloween. Their imaginations astound me.

Laura said...

i think it's rachel's mean face and wielding of the bat that tips the scale towards darkness.
i love henry's "bend". i could use a good pose like that for when i'm in trouble.
come do a triathlon with me next year!
it would be sooooooooooooooooo fun. and you could totally do it. you just do 5 minutes at a time over and over again. and 5 minutes is easy.

KarenB said...

Your kids are doing so awesome with their swimming! I so miss swimming with you guys! We made it to the pool once last summer - only because it was a ward activity. We all miss it. I love your Princesses of the Night.

Marian said...

so cute! i love henry's bend. and his bed wrecking skills. that does not seem comfortable. very cute princesses of the night!!

Beccarigg said...

Wow! September in Texas sure looks a lot different than September in Minnesota! The playground equipment was finally not too hot to play on. That's just crazy!

Great swimming videos! I loved having Teya in swim this year. It's so awesome to see them gain confidence in the pool. Both your girls are doing awesome!

And Henry oh Henry! That sleeping position has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen : ) What a cutie!