Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Decorations

I think Oliver was born to enjoy Christmas decorations. We have a rule that Tristan and Oliver can't get out of bed until 7:00 in the morning (I put a little clock in their room, and starting at about 6:00 Oliver watches it like a hawk and then sounds the alert as soon as it reaches 7:00) and every morning at 7:01 Ollie is down in the family room sitting in front of the tree.

He's reacted almost violently to all of the decorations - when we were getting the Christmas tree all set up, he kept saying he was so happy and excited it made his stomach hurt, and after we got the nativities out he was looking all around beaming, and said it just looked too, too, beautiful and almost made him feel like throwing up. And no, he's not sick - that's just typical Oliver talk.

I have caught him several times in the last few days wandering around singing to himself, "I love Bethlehem, I love Baby Jesus, I love Bethlehem, etc."

No comments: