Thursday, January 24, 2008

First Baby Picture

I finally went to my first appointment last week and they surprised me by doing an ultrasound, even though I was only 13 weeks along. I'm used to only doing one at 20 weeks. Anyway, it was really exciting to be able to see the baby, and made it seem much more real to me. They tried to see if it's a boy or girl, but couldn't tell because it refused to uncross its legs. Which might mean it's a girl, because who has ever heard of a shy boy? We should be able to find out in about a month, though.

So if any of you were doubting that we really are crazy enough to be pregnant with #5, here it is (and if you didn't know we were expecting, I guess you can consider this an announcement):



Helpful comments from my children after viewing the complimentary DVD of the ultrasound:

1) "If the baby is still so tiny, how come your stomach looks so huge already?"
2) "This baby looks like a monster."

5 comments:

Jesse said...

Congrats! How exciting. I didn't know you are pregnant. You are seriously my hero.

When I told Cori, he raised his fist to the air and said, "Way to go Daniel!" So I guess Daniel is a hero around here too. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Joanne I'm so happy for you guys and it will just be so amazing to watch (and hear) about you raising #5! And what helpful comments from the kids; don't they always just say the rights things:)

Beccarigg said...

That first ultrasound is always so exciting! It just makes it seem so much more real.

I love the comments from your kids! Those are too funny! Although I can't possibly believe that your stomach is huge since when you told me your were pregnant with Lizzy and you were already 5 months along I couldn't even tell you were pregnant!

Poppy said...

Don't you love their honesty?! Grace sometimes tells me that I have a baby in my tummy and I say, no and she says "yes you do, that's why your tummy is so big." Thanks...and I'm not pregnant!

Jennifer M said...

Congratulations! Hope you're feeling well.