Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th!

All the kids in their red, white, and blue. I don't know what Oliver's doing. Practicing covering his ears for loud fireworks?


Getting ready for a little fireworks show. Hey, kids - look at me! C'mon, look at me! Thanks, Liz.


Okay, let's try again. Everybody look ate me! Lizza, what happened? I thought I had you. Where's everyone looking? Oliver? Okay.


Fine, last try. Lizza is apparently worn out from her effort in the previous pictures, so I guess I'll settle with four out of five.


Tristan and Oliver with sparklers:



A blurry Rachel with sparklers. (Is a blurry picture of someone doing something cute worse than no picture of them doing that cute thing? I don't know. I just couldn't delete it, though. Clearly I need to take some photography lessons.)



Lizza doing sparklers:



Henry wishing he could get his hands on some sparklers:



Tristan learning the fine art of getting the heck out of there after lighting a firework:


More sparkler fun. (In the dark this time!)

4 comments:

Laura said...

looks like a grand time. your description of the picture taking experience exactly describes the ordeal. i agree that 4 out of 5 children looking is very, very acceptable.

Beccarigg said...

Oh. My. Gosh! The picture of your kids in their red white and blue is to die for! I can't wipe the smile off my face! Henry is getting so big! Is it just me or does he have the worlds biggest brownest sweetest eyes? He's also sporting a nice summer tan! Brinley is still as pale as a sheet. Maybe that's the difference between living in MN vs. TX! : ) Also Tristan looks so old in these pictures. Maybe it's his hair cut, or the fact that his lighting fireworks. Either way, such a handsome boy : )

Marian said...

that picture of tristan "getting the heck out of there" is priceless. i love it. and henry is looking so old! want me to photoshop the looking lizza into the other picture with the other 4 looking? i could try.

Laura said...

i forgot to say that i like your checkered shirt. you have such a talent for looking good always. i'm a tad jealous. and, i just noticed, after my other comment on your swimming post, that tristan did get a hair cut and i just missed it.