Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rachel's Art

Since Rachel pretty much spends most of her life drawing pictures, I thought I'd put together a little sample of things she's drawn over the last six months or so (it was hard to choose, seeing as she has about four thousand drawings saved up).

Once I had some picked out, I had her look at them with me and give me little descriptions of what they were - this was probably the most fun part to me, because seriously, I don't know if I've ever seen a 4-year old draw scenes with such detail, and Rachel trying to explain it all was pretty entertaining.

Anyway, a lot of the drawings are typical little girl subjects - princesses, castles, horses, etc. Then there are several family scenes with various parties going on. Toward the end of the slideshow I stuck in a few drawings that show her older brothers' influence on her artwork (monsters, bad guys, etc.), and then of course there is a whole series of Harry Potter drawings.


(Slideshow tip: you may have to pause the slideshow in order to have time to read her description and see the picture before it moves on to the next one. Once you pause it, you should be able to move it manually to the next one whenever you're done.)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Rachel's Art


Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

7 comments:

Eliza said...

That was a great slideshow. Rachel has skills. My children watched with great interest while I read the descriptions. I'm hoping it will encourage them a bit since we have zero artistic ability in our family.
I loved the bat girls.

Poppy said...

Wow, she is quite the budding artist! those were great!

Rebekah said...

wow! she's got talent!

Laura said...

okay, it's official. you are all geniuses. i don't even know if that's how you spell genius. which shows that i am not one. my kids loved all the pictures. i'm sure she draws way better than me. no more computer time for my children until they can draw like that! this is a new rule starting now.

Beccarigg said...

Wow! I think I need to spend more time drawing with Teya. That is amazing! I can't believe the detail she puts into all her drawings. Her descriptions are great too. I love the one when she's like, "That's Henry, he was born yesterday so he has a blanket that only shows his face" I don't know why but that just cracked me up. I was also dying when I read about bat girl's water bottle for those "dang far trips" so funny! Her Harry Potter pics were awesome too. The Patronus charm with the dementor was impressive. Are you sure she's only 4?

Gretchen said...

I loved her pictures with all the details! I loved that you take pictures of all of their artwork. I think its such a great idea. I save most of Addys but when she does 3 or 4 a day it starts to add up. .

Tristen said...

It's true, she's talented beyond her years! I chuckled every time she said she was 8 so therefore she was doing something. She is so funny. But really, very talented. Good job documenting, she'll love that someday.