Monday, July 27, 2009

Weight-management tips from a 4-year old

The other day Rachel was messing around with our bathroom scale, and she asked me "why do we even need these things, anyway?"

Me: Oh, I don't know - people use them to see how heavy they are, so they can tell if they're getting too fat.

Rachel: I don't get it. Can't they just look down?!

I love the way kids simplify things.


And speaking of weight, I'm going to have to start worrying about mine if Rachel and Lizza keep bringing me morning snacks like this one:


They are so kind to look after me while I blog:


Except I'm not so sure how I feel about it when they bring me trays full of tasty treats like this one:

Because did you see what was in that lower right hand corner?

"They're fish-sticks, Mom!!"

4 comments:

Laura said...

i'm laughing too hard to write. i'm getting rid of my scale right now. from now on, i'm just going to look down to see how i'm doing.
those fish sticks look dang tasty. i'd for sure pick them over a donut any day. except maybe the dolphin. isn't that illegal?

Marian said...

one of your funnier posts, jo. i think i'll put away my scale and use rachel's method also. i love all the snacks they bring you. my kids love to bring me "treats" also, but we don't have actual pretend food, so they just use duplos or marbles or anything else that looks like it might be delicious. maybe i should get wes some real food for his birthday.

Gretchen said...

How sweet. I think that's why it's so nice to go out to eat. It's fun to have somenone prepare a meal for me. I sure love those girls. I agree. We do need to start planning our next family reunion. Its been too long

Marliese said...

Funny kids! And very resourceful with the fish-sticks. They are all such cuties. I love the July 4th pictures.