Saturday, August 11, 2007

Snack Time

My kids are passionate about snack time, particularly Oliver and Rachel. They always ask when it's going to be snack time, and they hate it that I make them wait until 10:00.

Well, today we ate a late breakfast, so 10:00 came around pretty fast and they hadn't asked about it yet. I was just joking around and walked into the kitchen with a sad look on my face. I said in a depressed voice, "well, guys. . I hate to tell you this sad thing, but it looks like we're going to have to have a snack now."

Oliver immediately got it, and started laughing, but Rachel, who was sitting at the table coloring, started scowling and with MUCH disgust said, "JEEZ! It's snack time already? Hmmph." She put down her crayon and sighed and moped over to the counter acting like it was such a burden and what a hard life she had to have snack time right in the middle of her coloring time.

It was funny how much she reacted to the way I presented the snack time announcement - she didn't even stop to think that it was actually a happy thing that I was saying.

No comments: