Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wasting Time

Apparently now that Rachel is three her time is very valuable to her. She was at Wal-Mart with me the other day and told me she had to go to the bathroom (she has to go every single time we go to Wal-Mart - I think she just likes the bathrooms there because they have sinks that turn on automatically when you put your hands under. Also, she likes to comment every time about how the toilets at Wal-mart are almost like the ones at church).

Anyway, I said "okay, just a minute" and finished getting a few more things in the aisle we were in. She then did a big exasperated sigh and said in a really loud voice, "Mom, you're WASTING MY TIME!" I guess she kind of liked how that sounded, because the rest of the Wal-Mart trip (even after I took her to the bathroom) she kept making more comments like, "Mom, I just don't have time for this anymore. You are really wasting my time!"

I had to remind her that she was the one who begged to come to the store with me, and she was actually wasting MY time.

No comments: